Your Saftey is Paramount to us!
So we have put together this firework safety information page for you with all the latest safety information on Fireworks, Sparklers and Bonfires and we have even gone as far as to make videos on how to setup your fireworks and firework displays in the safest way possible.
Despite annual safety warnings, Bonfire Night still ends in disaster for far too many families. Fireworks and bonfire evenings can provide lots of fun and entertainment for all the family at a time of year when the nights are rather dark and gloomy, Fireworks light up the sky and bring joy to thousands.
As long as everyone follows the right safety procedures and remembers that fireworks can be dangerous if misused, a good, safe time can be enjoyed by everyone.
Please stay safe while using fireworks!
Below You will find our TOP TEN TIPS on how to keep you and your loved ones safe this firework season.
Our Ten Top Tips
- Plan your firework display to make it safe and enjoyable.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box and use them one at a time.
- Read and follow the instructions on each firework using a torch if necessary.
- Light the firework at arm’s length with a taper (Portfire) and stand well back.
- Keep naked flames, including cigarettes, away from fireworks.
- Never return to a firework once it’s lit.
- Don’t put fireworks in your pockets and never throw them or fire them at people or animals.
- Direct any rocket fireworks well away from spectators.
- Never use paraffin or petrol on a bonfire.
- Make sure that the fire is out and its surroundings are made safe before leaving.
How to Guides and Videos
We have put together some easy to follow setup guides and videos to go along with them showing you exactly how to setup your firework and displays in the safest possible way.
- Never give them to young children under five.
- Always wear gloves with sparklers, preferably leather ones.
- Hold it at arm’s length while an adult lights it for you.
- Use in a clear space away from others.
- Never hold a baby in your arms when you are holding a sparkler.
- When the sparkler has finished, put it into a bucket of cold water straight away and leave it there.